Friday, January 11, 2008

Proposed Photo-Murals

GATHERING AREA - In order add visual interest and create a more inviting space of the gathering area at the Center; it is proposed that a full size photographic mural be applied to the wall. This would be pasted to the wall; much like wallpaper. The intention in selecting the photo shown below is to create the illusion that we are sitting on the slopes of Mount Carmel, looking down over a panoramic view of the terraces and the magnificent gold dome of the Shrine of The Báb and the city of Haifa beyond. It is hoped that this would form a beautiful backdrop to the space. (Click photo to see enlarged version)


SHINJI & HIFUMI YAMAMOTO AREA - As one enters the Center the visitor is faced with the wall ahead. This photo of the Ridvan Garden near Acre has been selected to make the most of that vital first impression. Simple, yet beautiful and welcoming; it captures some of the atmosphere of that peaceful spot. Again, with a full-wall mural; this time with the fountain near actual size; the impression is almost like being there. (Click photo to see enlarged version)

This version includes "Blessed is the spot..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the mural concepts a lot. A little comment on the Mt Carmel/Shrine view--I absolutely love the idea, but maybe more emphasis on Mt. Carmel/Shrine, and even less on city of Haifa? Just a thought--nothing I feel strongly about.

Anonymous said...

Although I live hundreds of miles from Madison, I saw a link to this blog and just want to say the designs are fantsatic. I especially like the picture of the Garden of Ridvan. I might just have to move to Madison so I can experience this wonderful center :)!

Barmak Kusha said...

How magnificently wonderful and beauteous!!!! I am lucky to have known the Yamamoto's, and Paul Jacobi. Paul and Ellie are really my 2nd spiritual parents; those who in adulthood taught me again the Faith of my fathers and mothers....

barmak a former madison baha'i (1983-1996)